Saturday, June 8, 2013

Another Month Gone

I subbed one day in May at Dana Middle School.  It was a fun day.  I helped each group go to the auditorium to have spring pictures taken.  I was team teaching so I just hung out in classrooms and listened to the regular teacher teach.  It is interesting how San Diego Unified meets the needs of the Special needs students.

I also tutored a sixth grader on percents, decimals and fractions.  I only had two sessions to review material with her.  I loved working with her but her grade was not good.  I tutored Wednesday and Thursday and her test was Friday.  She might also have test anxiety.  I hope to work with her over the summer.

Big plans- I have started to work on my web site again.  I actually met with my web designed once.  I then picked out pictures to use for my site.  Now I could write the text.  So it is up to me to push the web page on.

I had foot surgery on Wednesday, June 5th.  My foot has not been right since Dec 5th when I went out to visit Becca.  At that time the ball of my foot hurt.  I just wore thick socks and sneakers and I could hobble easily.  When I returned and made it through Christmas, I saw my doctor who ordered an x-ray.  Then I saw a podiatrist.  He felt it was a naroma so he gave me a shot of cortisone.

Well the shot really didn't help. In fact I could see a white line growing up my leg.  So after a month I went back to the podiatrist. My second toe was curling.  My foot hurt when walking far.  My doctor said to wear Birkenstock sandals. the podiatrist said this was all due to my bunion.

So I scheduled surgery.  Then I was scared so I asked for a second opinion from an orthopedic at UCSD who specializes in feet.  She said to wait a month and come back so she could check it out.  She said I would need full bunion surgery.  My podiatrist felt shaving off the bunion and then using a metal strip to tie the first and second toe bones together would work.

So now I have two weeks of just putting my foot up.   No real walking, shopping, exercising, etc.  So I think I will be able to finish my web page because I can't do much else.

I finished the Day of Service and we had around 500 people in our church and community participate.  I will also try to write up a summary about that while I am relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment