Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good News

Today I received a phone call from my nephew in Indiana.  He has been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome. He was accepted at Marion College.  I think he also was awarded a scholarship -  Wow, this is so exciting.  The phrase it takes a village to raise a child comes to my mind.  Nick would not be here today if it wasn't for the wonderful teachers, counselors, church contacts, boy scouts, and especially his parents.  I have seen his maturity over the last years of high school.  I am glad there was a college who saw his improvement over the last four years.  Yeah for Nick!!!

Traveling has brought me a wonderful cold so I feel like I have cotton in my ears.  I never heard my husband come home from work at 1 am.  He was using a tester and from 7 to midnight was their time to test.  Of course that was after working a full day.  He finds many mistakes being made when engineers are directed to work fast.  I also wonder about their cognitive abilities after so few hours of sleep day after day.  Is this the example parents was to show their children?  Do we have a sweatshop here in the US? This company has been around for 30 years.  Is it time to stop acting like a start up?  I wonder what the turnover is with this company.  So far there have just been two deaths by engineers jumping off the parking structure.  I wonder how many more will jump before the company thinks they have a problem.

I have not heard from my graphic designer on my new schedule for my web page.  She now has a full time job so it will be more complicated.

I hope to recover from my cold quickly.  I had a great time in Florida seeing my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment