Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 2 - Where does the time go?  I did work on the church database in the morning.  I was notified that I will be a volunteer for the ISTE conference so that is exciting.  I printed out the 10 Key steps to Starting a business by the city of San Diego and read them through.  It suggests I go to the main library to research trademark, patent and copyright issues.  I plan to go their over the weekend.  I also plant to attend some SCORE meetings.  The second step is to create a business plan. The third step is to determine a business name.  The fourth step is to determine the Legal structures of the business.  I think I will be a sole proprietorship.  The fifth step is to determine the Business Activity Type.  I believe I am in Educational Services 61.  This will determine if I can do business out of my home.  The sixth step is to select a site and determine Zoning and Site permit requirements.  Hopefully this won't be a problem but I do need to check on obtaining a Neighborhood Use permit.  The seventh step is to obtain any special licenses and Permits.  The eighth step is to get Tax Information.  That is the fun part.  The ninth step is employer responsibilities.  I don't plan to have any employees but if my business grows I will go into that area. I will have to get an EIN, or Federal Tax Identification Number.  The final or tenth step is to apply for a Business Tax Certificate.  I wonder how long all these steps will take?

No comments:

Post a Comment