Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Found a great Graphic Designer

Today I met with Irene Zabelin who owns Pyxideas.  I found out about her from my landscaper Andrew Draper who owns Nector Spaces.  Here at Point Loma it is all about connections.  Later I was having a meeting with my realtor and she has her daughter in another math tutoring program.  I told her to check out my tutoring center.

I need to determine what my passions are to help streamline my new webpage.  So far I listed working with middle school students, teaching math, being a special education advocate, using technology for learning and making learning fun.  I won the award for creating lessons that teach real-life situations and make school fun.

I want to have a logo created for my company and connect it with my business card, letterhead and statements.  I also want my webpage to look the same.  I bought my site PointLomaTutor.com for about $10 for the year.  Already Irene is helping me.

Tomorrow I need to go to the Apple store and find out why Adobe suite does not work on my laptop anymore.  Irene would like me to use InDesign for my print layouts.  It might be better for me to just have Irene do things and then I would bring them to a printer here in Point Loma.

Irene wants me to develop a business plan so that is next on my agenda.  I bought a new calendar which has openings until 9 pm at night.  I already had to buy new ink for my printer.  I guess I now get to write those things off as a business expense.  Also I need to decide if I need to buy "Quick Books"  or some type of accounting software.  I also asked Irene for the  name of a CPA or tax person.  I know I can do it but it should be better to have an expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment