Friday, October 5, 2012

Today I am at Correia Middle School

I have been busy this week helping out at church editing the new directory and managing the Mexico Mission Trip that leaves today.  I missed taking several sub jobs.  Until my business grows, I will plan to sub everyday.  I think the experience helps me learn about San Diego School and the special needs students learning there.

So far today I have co-taught two classes.  I basically just help students learn like a classroom aide would do.  Language Arts where they do a Socrates lesson each Friday.  I noticed none of the special needs students spoke.  In math where I listened to a math review I notices two special needs students not understanding or even writing down the correct answers.

The third period class was having a test so the teacher said for me not to show up.  I went to the office to say I could help out during 3rd period but the secretary said she does not know every one's schedule so I was to just stay in the classroom.   I will have some students in the Reach program - study hall during 4th period.  This is the lesson plan the teacher left with me. "Study hall, students should work on homework or read.  Remind them to finish their key terms for Science on Friday, please."  Fifth period is a prep.  I co-teach for 6th and 7th period I do a study skills class.

No comments:

Post a Comment