Thursday, March 28, 2013

Too Busy?

I have a student to tutor but  keep going out of town.  This time we left for Denver.  Here we helped clean Marion and Dave's apartment.  Marion is recovering from a broken pelvis.  She spent one month in rehap center.  She is doing well but uses a walker for additional support.  We cleaned their carpets, found there were leaks in the apt. so we hired a plumber and left for skiing. 

We spent Friday - Monday skiing at Beaver Creek.  There was fresh snow every day.  Sunday was a bit like a white out but I skied anyway.  Monday was the best and more families were out on the sloops.  We left early around 2 pm to head back to Denver.  We had pizza with the entire Smith clan.  Bill and Rebecca's family keep Kosher so they ordered a specialty pizza without the bacon.  Their daughter is engaged.  Her finance is going to basic training next month.  They hope to marry when he finishes then go to his first assignment together.  She is 17. but will turn 18 in a few months.   She has no plans to go to college.  She was home-schooled all her life.  It will be interesting to see if she never pursues higher education.

I met with the principal of Cabrillo Elementary School.  I was shown four projects the Day of Service might complete for him.  He would like us to deep clean 5 classrooms, clean the carpet in the auditorium, clean up two garden areas, and remove staples left up on the wall, (floor to ceiling). We are hoping to have sign ups from the community after Easter.

I picked up my daughter and her family in the afternoon.  I have been playing with Connor who is almost four.  I love holding the baby who is four months old.  He cries.  So far Connors, favorite toy is the pirate boat by Playmobile.  He also likes the Fisher Price house.  These are all toys I saved from my children.  We are down in the grandma room.  Josie has decided she does not like the airplane.  (also by Fisher Price)  I knew there was a reason I kept some of my children's toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment