Thursday, August 9, 2012

Do I OR Don't I

This week has been interesting because I met with Nanci Engle who runs the Banysn Tree Learning Center. (http://www.banyantlc.com/)  When she saw my resume with webmaster on it, my MBA, my administrative experience she thought there might be a fit for me in her school.  She has two teachers leaving this year.  She reiterated how low the salary would be.  She charges $70 per hour for her tutoring.  I guess this is a result of a large overhead.  She need someone who can write grants, raise funds, and increase technology for the school.  They do not have one ipad for student use.

So now I need to think about working for someone else or do a tutoring business on my own.  I think I will go check out the autism school they have in Ocean Beach. Pioneer Day School 
( http://pioneerdayschool.org/)

On the home front, my painters have been working on the outside so my dogs bark at them everyday.  I still need to get the first floor bathroom to stop leaking.  No one has successfully determined where the leak is coming from and what is causing it.  The tile company wants to come tomorrow to install tile on the concrete patio by the hot tub.  The rotten window sill was fixed yesterday by the company who originally "fixed it" before we closed on the house in April.  I have unpacked four boxes of Larry's stuff in the garage.  I tried to 'sort' it into similar categories so I can put it on bins and then on shelves in the garage.

In my spare time I am still updating the church's database for its directory.  Now when I make a change in the database it is not reflected when I print out a directory.  I am going nuts!!!  I guess I will resort to calling the company for help.  I sent an email request but have not received a response yet.  I am organizing the church mission trip in October.  I still don't know how much work that will be...

My painter is suppose to put some test colors up for me to decide which one to paint my house.  I am off to church for the knitting group as we make blankets for newborns at the orphanage in Mexico.

Need to do.

File for fictitious name for my company - Point Loma Tutor
File for business liscence
File for tax number
Design flyer for schools
Update web page

No comments:

Post a Comment