Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Skill set

I am wondering what skills I can offer to another company.  I have been a webmaster for the School of Education, Counseling Psychology, and Pastoral Ministries.  I updated the web for 14 years via the Liberal Studies Program, Chemistry Department, and the Pastoral Ministries program at Santa Clara University.  I know if should be updated on almost a daily basis.

I love training others on how to use technology.  In fact, while at Price Middle School, I helped veteran teachers learn how to use their smart board when I did not even have one yet.  I loved using it in the classroom and I think my students loved it also.  I use a mac and a pc. I had a computer for every student by my second year of teaching.  I know some of them were old but they worked.  I would love to work on empowering the Seniors around Point Loma and how to use technology.  I think I could help them use their cell phones better.  I can help them import pictures, use face time of skype to their grandchildren.  I have four laptops at home I can use for my tutor center and three printers. (too much)

Another skill I did not know I had was grant writing.  I wrote grants for things I wanted in my classroom.  I wrote a grant for a high speed scanner so I could have a copy of my students work for IEP meetings.  I also scanned to store to the students online portfolios.  I wonder how that project is going now.  I had to return the scanner to the school when I left so that is still in my 'to buy' list.  I would also like computer projector and portable printer.  This would allow me to bring my tools when I speak to PTA's and other interested groups.  Problems can occur when you try to use someone else's devices.

Fundraising skills come from my Pastoral Ministries program position.  I helped with events that generated money for scholarship programs.  We had fund raising dinners, silent auctions, and other various events.  I processed donations for various scholarships when I was in the School of Education at SCU.  I wrote newsletters with donations slips for our scholarship programs.  I also had a place on the web for donations.  I have run a few fund raising dinners but did the background work not the specific talks to raise money.

Update on the house:  The painters are here now just finishing the house.  They still need to paint the fence, refinish the garage door and front door, stain the deck and paint the two upstairs decks.  The tile guys are here started their work on the hot tub concrete deck.  The landscaper plans to start on Friday and the shower is ready for installation.  (But I don't have the deck and plumbing in for the shower yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment