Saturday, August 18, 2012

Job Offer

A local company which specializes in  educating special need students wants to hire me for teaching and administrative activities for $20 per hour.  This seems too low.  They also do not want me to tutor any students in my home.  I have a problem and don't know what to do.

Part of the reason I wanted to start my own business was for tax reasons.  Perhaps they could hire me as a contract employee.  I don't know what to do.  This company is about three miles from my house so about 7 minutes unless there is traffic and then it can take about 25 minutes.

This company would be giving me some excellent training.  They also have all the testing materials.  I don't have any standardized tests at my home yet.

On the home front, the painters should finish on Monday.  Today they are staining the garage door and repainting the front steps as I did not like the color I picked out.  It is so hard to pick out paint from a small chip about 1" by 1".  This is a concrete stain and is a medium brown now.
This is the meaning of a true roof deck.  My furniture was put up when they painted the deck floor.  Yesterday when the two tile guys were here one remarked, "Wow, you are better organized that most site managers."  I had three painters here as well as a landscaper and a plumber.  The day before yesterday I met with my gardener who will be shaping the front hedge and topping the California pepper tree in the back yard.  So I am going to pick up my surf board shower on Monday with hope of a quick installation.  Of course the deck and french drain need to be installed.
Another hot, sunny, and muggy day in San Diego so I need to decide to go to the beach or the pool.  Such decisions.


No comments:

Post a Comment